Re: Serching for pattern down one column

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Serching for pattern down one column
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 16:43:30 +0100

Am 25.11.2008 um 01:59 schrieb ingvar:

I now want to search for the pattern "111" in a column (it should find the pattern in column 2 rows 2-4 and column 3 rows 3-5). Does anyone know how to
do it?

I think it's *not* possible to write *one* regular expression to find the occurrence in *any* column, though it's possible to write n regexps to find the occurrence in exactly one of the n columns.

--
Greetings

  Pete

A lot of us are working harder than we want, at things we don't like to do. Why? ...In order to afford the sort of existence we don't care to live.
                                – Bradford Angier