Re: Trouble saving fontification information

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Trouble saving fontification information
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 06:09:22 -0800 (PST)

On Nov 25, 12:55 am, Davin Pearson <davin.pear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
> usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.
>
> Your bug report will be posted to the bug-gnu-em...@gnu.org mailing
> list,
> and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.
>
> Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
> and the precise symptoms of the bug:
>
> I have written the following code to save Emacs' fontification
> information to an HTML document for display in a web browser, but the
> trouble is that it is rather unreliable, sometimes no fontification is
> viewable on the web browser, other times all fontification information
> is viewable, and still other times, some information is viewable.
> What am I doing wrong to make Emacs so flaky in its performance?

Not sure what's your intent in posting the above message here.

Are you trying to ask a elisp question? Are you trying to file a bug
report? Are you just trying to complain?

if you have elisp question, please make it specific. If bug report,
the proper place is M-x report-emacs-bug. If complain, please make it
clear what exactly are you complaining about, and a better newsgroup
for that would be “comp.emacs”.

if you just want a feature to turn emacs fontification to html, there
are at least 2 robust packages for that. I use htmlize.el by Hrvoje
Niksic.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/