Re: how to use emacsclient with a remote host?

From: Erik Iverson
Subject: Re: how to use emacsclient with a remote host?
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 22:22:52 -0600

Federico Ramallo wrote:
while doing this detailed steps, i could solve the original issue.
however I can connect with a tty client, but not with a client on X.
I'll show you the steps i did. I reduced this to a simplified test
scenario:
MY GOAL: i use screen to share emacs remotely. Now we are using screen
and emacs on tty. But we want to improve it to have two emacs running on
different hosts on X. Sharing buffers, but the process should run on the
remote host and sync via tcp with server-mode.

In ubuntu 8.04 and GNU Emacs 23.0.60.1 (check env below)

I didn't read in too much detail, but does this have anything to do with the emacsclient executable from emacs-snapshot in the Ubuntu repository being called emacsclient.emacs-snapshot ? On my system (similar setup), emacsclient is for emacs 22, and emacsclient.emacs-snapshot is from the snapshot package ...