Re: Centering text in a tabel

From: Decebal
Subject: Re: Centering text in a tabel
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 04:37:46 -0800 (PST)

On 26 nov, 11:00, Decebal <CLDWester...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I work with Emacs 21.3 and do not have the possibillity to install
> anything.
> I have made a table with the following heading (only displays okay in
> monospaced font):
> |----------------|--------|------------------------------|------------------------------|
> | Driver         | Code   | Import                       |
> Export                       |
>
> I would like to center the the text in there boxes. Is there a
> function for, or do I need to write it myself?

I found table.el. This is only one file, so I installed it with a copy
paste. I had to make a slight modification to the table, but now it
works.

Are there people who use this? Because I do not like some things. For
example when entering text with flows on to the next line, there is no
space between the border and the first word. Is it possible to change
this?