Re: Utilizing Regexp (or something else) to replace an arbitrary string

From: Tim Visher
Subject: Re: Utilizing Regexp (or something else) to replace an arbitrary string length of the same character with the same string length of another character.
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2008 15:24:28 -0500

Yeah, I did consider using replace-string and query-replace-string and
their ilk.  The issue is that I use the characters I want to replace
at other locations where I don't want them replaced.  Also, I want to
replace an arbitrary amount of them at one time.  I actually already
did the edits that I want done by using query-replace-string.
However, if the document had been much longer, that really would've
taken too long.  It doesn't sound like there's a quick way to do this
in Emacs.  Oh well.

Thanks anyway.

--

In Christ,