Re: perl indentation

From: Phil Carmody
Subject: Re: perl indentation
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 17:32:13 +0200

Jagadeesh <mnjagadeesh@gmail.com> writes:
> On Dec 2, 12:11 am, aartist <aart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Dec 1, 11:13 am, Jagadeesh <mnjagade...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> > Again this is a newbie question.
>>
>> > how do I indent perl code? Is there any key?
>>
>> > Thanks
>> > Jagadeesh
>>
>> M-x cperl-mode
>
> Thanks for the reply.
> Its not indenting it. when I do M-x cperl-mode, there is no effect.

It's not designed to automatically re-indent the current file.
Any new code you enter will be indented according to style,
as well any line you press 'TAB' on. To set the particular
style, use cperl-set-style - my personal favourite is 'C++',
even though it has problems with multi-line lists.

There's also 'perl-mode', which again will not automatically
re-intent any of your buffer. It's a bit less colourful, but
just as functional as 'cperl-mode'.

Phil
--
I tried the Vista speech recognition by running the tutorial. I was
amazed, it was awesome, recognised every word I said. Then I said the