Help needed to enable cscope

From: ZelluX
Subject: Help needed to enable cscope
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2008 18:46:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi, all

I'm new  to emacs and now have some difficulty in enabling cscope in
emacs.

I've installed cscope on my ArchLinux and downloaded xcscope.el and
cscope-indexer from cscope.sf.net

Then i copied cscope-indexer to /usr/bin(with executable permission)
and xcscope.el to ~/emacs, and add lines to ~/.emacs like this:

(setq load-path (cons "~/emacs" load-path))
(require 'xcscope)

But when i start emacs again, and press Ctrl-c s, it says 'C-c s is
undefined'. At first i thought it was because emacs couldnot find
xcscope, but when i renamed xcscope.el to xcscope1.el, the emacs said
'cannot find xcscope', which didn't occur before renaming, so i think
the path is just right.

Could you help me find out where the problem lies? Thanks for your
reply.