Re: OSX terminal, system-wide Chinese input methods

From: 锁住子
Subject: Re: OSX terminal, system-wide Chinese input methods
Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 16:44:05 -0800 (PST)

On Dec 4, 2:25 am, Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyba...@Web.DE> wrote:
> Am 03.12.2008 um 16:55 schrieb poppyer:
>
> > if you set your LC_CTYPE/LANG correctly
> > to a chinese one, say zh_CN.UTF8.
> > It will be automatically loaded *before* system init
>
> And it's not necessary to set these two environment variables system-
> wide, which might effect also other applications.

Yes, the only reason I was still fooling with this was that it was a
bit problematic having the language set system-wide. Setting the
variables just prior to launching emacs ought to be fine – anyway, now
that I've got a better understand of how all this works, I'm sure it
will be easy to find an appropriate solution. (And yes, it was (load-
library "subst-gb2312"))

Thank you both for the help!

Eric

On the command line