Re: Tracing what is loading

From: Harry Putnam
Subject: Re: Tracing what is loading
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 17:09:58 -0600

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> On Sun, Dec 7, 2008 at 00:34, Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com> wrote:
>
>> ;;[Tip from Kai G] make loaded files give a message
>>  (defadvice load (before debug-log activate)
>> (message "Now loading: %s" (locate-library (ad-get-arg 0))))
>>
>> That will tell exactly what is loading and in what order.
>
> That will skip calls to Fload from C code (defadvice does not work for
> calls from C).
>
>> Maybe there is a better or hopefully simpler way like possibly
>> compiling something directly into the binary when it is compiled.
>
> Not necessarily simpler. If you want to do that on a permanent basis,
> you can add code to Fload to show a message. If it is just once for
> some debugging, you can use the trace facilities of GDB.

  google on `emacs Fload' turns of a big mess of nothing

  A search on gmane in emacs.help group on `fload' turns up one hit and
  its just a gush of output from some kind of compile command.

  find /usr/share/emacs -iname '*fload*'
  <no hits>

I've been using emacs for 10 yrs now (Probably should not admit
that..) and I've never heard of `Fload'.

So ok, I'll bite.. what is `Fload'?