Re: Regular expressions for Unicode general categories

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Regular expressions for Unicode general categories
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 00:35:25 +0100

Am 07.12.2008 um 21:47 schrieb Derick Eddington:

So, what can I do?  If Emacs regular expressions' backslash construct
`\cC' supported Unicode general categories, or if there was some
construct which did, I think that would do it nicely.  Is that
planned, or should I resort to doing more manual parsing, or something
else?

Can't you use the Unicode characters themselves? In ranges like [À-Ëà- ë]?

Remember: you're in GNU Emacs 23.0.60, the Unicode Emacs. (But actually I have no idea of R6RS Scheme and its "identifiers," how you call these entities.

--
Greetings

  Pete

A child of five could understand this!  Fetch me a child of five.