Change line continuation behavior in cperl-mode

From: Steve
Subject: Change line continuation behavior in cperl-mode
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 09:06:41 -0800 (PST)

Is there any way to change the indentation of continued lines (i.e.
lines ending in a ".") in cperl-mode? The current behavior is to add
an additional number of spaces to each continued line, so that, for
example, the second line is indented 2 characters, the next, 4, the
next, 6, etc, in an upside-down stair-step pattern. I'd like to have
all lines after the first indented the same (e.g. If the starting line
is at column 6, I'd like all the others to be at column 8). perl-mode
does this properly.

Thanks!

Steve