Re: Any advantages to recompile Emacs...

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Any advantages to recompile Emacs...
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 11:06:17 +0100

Am 10.12.2008 um 08:51 schrieb Francis Moreau:

I'm wondering if I can recompile Emacs without the graphic support and
if there're any improvements (perhaps starting faster ?) in doing so.

It's easy to do this: configure with --without-x. The binary will be smaller and of course it will be able to load faster. (Although I think GNU Emacs with windowing support can load at the same speed, so the smaller file size can significantly save some millisecs. Each time.)

--
Greetings

  Pete

You can learn many things from children. How much patience you have, for instance.
                                – Franklin P. Jones