Re: cua-mode overrides my C-z setting. How fix?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: cua-mode overrides my C-z setting. How fix?
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 22:59:13 -0700

seberino@spawar.navy.mil wrote:
I defined C-z to execute some commands like so:

(global-set-key "\^z" (make-sparse-keymap))
(global-set-key "\^zt" 'dired-other-window)

I noticed this doesn't work anymore when CUA mode is enabled.

How fix? (Can I just override this single mod of cua-mode and keep the
rest of cua-mode? :)

Sort of:

,----[ C-h v cua-enable-cua-keys RET ]
| cua-enable-cua-keys is a variable defined in `cua-base.el'.
| Its value is t
|

| Documentation:
| *Enable using C-z, C-x, C-c, and C-v for undo, cut, copy, and paste.
| If the value is t, these mappings are always enabled.  If the value is
| `shift', these keys are only enabled if the last region was marked with
| a shifted movement key.  If the value is nil, these keys are never
| enabled.
|
| You can customize this variable.
|
| [back]
`----

So if you set that to `shift', you should be able to use C-z as you
wish but you'll have to use C-S-x, C-S-c, and C-S-v for cut, copy, and
paste.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA