Re: Emacs's popularity

From: Richard Riley
Subject: Re: Emacs's popularity
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:40:33 +0100

"Lennart Borgman" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

>>> That is a bit strange since the vi emulator Viper in Emacs is now so good.
>>>

>> Not strange at all Lennart, Why would someone run the Emacs OS to run
>> emulated vim  when they can run the real thing in 100th of the
>> footprint?
>
> Exactly why do you think the footprint matter?

Are you serious?

Memory usage, start speed, response, and all thinks linked.

And with the boom in netbooks and OSen on USB sticks, emacs finds itself
more and more pushed into that "heavy dinosaur" category. I'm not saying
I *agree* with it, just those are my observations.

Personally I detest Vi and clones.