how to browse data with many many columns

From: patiobarbecue
Subject: how to browse data with many many columns
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 16:18:01 -0800 (PST)

Dear there,

I have data file with many columns. The first line has field names as usual.
I am reading column 35 for example, CTRL+v will turn the page BUT focus on
column 1, and I have to locate column 35 again -:) Is there a convenient
way?
Also is it possible to keep the first line (table field names) visible while
browse line 200?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

Michael