How can I select a .info file for info mode?

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: How can I select a .info file for info mode?
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 14:56:37 -0800

Hi,

It used to be the case that ``ESC-2 CTL-h i'' gave me the opportunity
to select the .info file to use for info mode.  Not any more.
Plowing through the docs doesn't give me a good enough hint about
how to do it either.  Please tell me there is still a way to do this?
Searching keybindings did not yield anything promising either.
I guess I could read the elisp for the previous emacs and my current
one, but that is too far over the top for me.  I don't grok elisp
very well anyway.

Thank you.  Regards, Bruce

$ emacs --version
GNU Emacs 22.2.1