Re: cvs emacs scales fonts to awfully big?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: cvs emacs scales fonts to awfully big?
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 01:17:20 +0100

Am 02.01.2009 um 22:41 schrieb Peter Tury:

However, none of these affected Emacs: it still uses 11.8pt high fonts
(previously it was 12pt)!? Where does this default come from? I guess
that code should be improved.

I think the default font size is set to be 16 pt – I've seen such LARGE characters at different times with Emacs versions on Macs and in MS Losedos. On a 129 DPI display it should be much larger to achieve the same readability!

The actual font used can be determined by typing C-u C-x = on some character. You could also invoke M-x describe-fontset RET RET.