Re: Persistent Window Registers

From: Volkan YAZICI
Subject: Re: Persistent Window Registers
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 02:17:58 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 4, 6:10 pm, Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using session.el[1] for persistence of configurations between
> different emacs sessions. But I also want to assign persistent window
> registers to some of my window configurations.

I find out that "saving window configurations" is on the TODO list of
both session.el and desktop.el packages. When I check register.el of
emacs, I see that one can manually initialize `register-alist' as he/
she desires, but the components for #<window-configuration> and
#<marker at 1 in *Group*> are -- if I am not mistaken -- defined in C
code and I don't know a way to create one from elisp or serialize an
existing one and read it at the next session. Any ideas?

Regards.