Re: Looking up and CALLING a key binding

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: Looking up and CALLING a key binding
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 17:13:39 -0800 (PST)

On Jan 5, 6:00 am, TheLonelyStar <nabb...@lonely-star.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know very little elisp have basicly no practical expirience with it.
>
> I know I can lookup a keybinding with lookup-key and similiar.
> But how do I look it up and call it (execute it)?
>
> Thanks!
> nathan

what exactly you want to do?

are you writing a elisp program? ... or you trying to do something in
emacs?

once you know what command the binding is associated with, you can
just call the command by typing Alt+x commandName.

if you are writing elisp... once you get the command name, say it is
forward-word, then you can run it by just (forward-word) ... some
example of your case would be good to clarify.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/