Re: Fraktur

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: Fraktur
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 02:04:50 +0800

A. Soare wrote:
I try to use the german Fraktur, and I tried

(standard-display-ascii ?a  (vector (decode-char 'ucs #x1D400)))

, however the unicode character is not present. I see a box instead of the
german `A`; Is there a possibility to use Fraktur in emacs?

Only in Emacs-23 (from CVS), and then probably only if you've taught Emacs which font contains that character (by default, Emacs does not have very sophisticated rules for choosing fonts for Unicode Plane 1 characters):

(set-fontset-font "fontset-default" '(#x1D400 . #x1D7FF) (font-spec :family "MathematicalAlphanumericSymbolFont"))

... including whatever else is necessary to uniquely identify that font in the font-spec (eg. you might need registry and/or foundry if there are other fonts with the same family name installed).