Re: MacOSX: Single window operation

From: Mickaël Rémond
Subject: Re: MacOSX: Single window operation
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2009 15:01:03 +0100

Hello Peter,

2009/1/9 Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de>

Am 09.01.2009 um 09:59 schrieb Mickaël Rémond:

Any idea ?

Maybe it works to start (emacs-server) and pass files to Emacs.app via emacslient (/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/emacsclient) ...

It is a common mis-use of Mac OS X applications that they tend to create new tool windows, or frames in Emacs speak.

Good idea. It works.
For the record, however I tried Carbon Emacs instead of the Cocoa Emacs build and it does the right thing as a default (and seems to be more compliant on other options).

I think I will thus stick with Carbon Emacs.

Thank you again !

--
Mickaël Rémond