Re: Fraktur

From: A. Soare
Subject: Re: Fraktur
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 04:19:06 +0100 (CET)

> > I got it. I see Fraktur now, after having installed the good font. I
> > am very happy. Thanks.
>
> Good.
>
> So, how does it work out for you? Allegedly, blackletter aides word
> recognition (it doesn't for me). »JSL Blackletter« might not really be
> appropriate for on-screen display, though, it seems a bit washy.

I use JSL Blackletter. I have installed it as true type font. I used this file:

http://desktoppub.about.com/library/fonts/dd/jslblttf.zip

After having installed it , emacs and mozilla recognize it. In .emacs I call:

(set-default-font "-unknown-JSL
Blackletter--normal-normal-*-*-*-*-*-*-0-iso10646-1")

> By the way, this font is not a *fraktur*. It is textualis (which I find
> much more pleasing); its squiggled capitals might not really suit a
> capital-heavy language like German.

JSL Blackletter seems to me almost identical to Fraktur.

http://www.identifont.com/samples/bitstream/Fraktur.gif
http://www.searchfreefonts.com/assets/searchfreefonts/charsets/small/jblack.png

Compare `y` for exemple. Topologically they are very identical.

I like it.

Maybe the editors in Germany will use again and use Fraktur to print books ?

des vidéos de réveillons à partager ? Voila vous offre 1 Go d’espace de
stockage sur http://www.voila.fr/Macle/