TRAMP and ls programme

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: TRAMP and ls programme
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:47:55 +0100

Hello!

For dired in GNU Emacs I have:

        (setq insert-directory-program "gls" dired-use-ls-dired t)

for which I can customise:

         '(dired-listing-switches "-ahlN")

TRAMP 2.1.15-pre uses with the sudo method locally /bin/ls, which does not understand -N (although I'm not sure whether it helps to make UTF-8 file name appear correctly). Can I convince TRAMP (in GNU Emacsen 22.3 and 23.0.60) to use /sw/bin/gls?

--
Greetings

  Pete

It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
                                – Garfield