Re: how to patch diff into source code?

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: how to patch diff into source code?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 00:23:45 +0100

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 03:08, Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:

> could anyone help me with a diff/patch question?
> -                          (not (memq (char-before) '(?\; ?\
> {)))))))))))
> +                          (not (or (bobp) (memq (char-before) '(?\;
> ?\{))))))))))))

??

I sent you a private e-mail explaining that the patch had been mangled
by the mail program, and I sent you the corrected lines. Did you
receive it?

> patching file /Users/xah/web/emacs/css-mode.el
> patch: **** malformed patch at line 8: ?\{))))))))))))
>
> is it something i did wrong or the patch?

The lines are mangled. The line starting with "-" should be
concatenated with the following one, but inserting one space between
both lines. The same goes for the line starting with "+" and the
following line.

But it is easier if you just copy them from my e-mail (or patch it by
hand, which is even easier).

    Juanma