Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:44:08 -0800 (PST)

On 22 янв, 05:23, Kevin Rodgers <kevin.d.rodg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> cmr.P...@gmail.com wrote:
> > I expect Emacs to be at least as good as GEdit ;-) Is the a way to
> > make Emacs use the installed *vector* fonts for PostScript printing,
> > like GEdit does?
>
> I don't know -- how does GEdit do it?
>
> --
> Kevin Rodgers
> Denver, Colorado, USA

I've looked through the GEdit code, and it turns out that it uses
standard GTK+ printing facilities. Emacs is built with GTK+ interface
for quite some time now, so I suppose there should be no architectural
problem in using GTK+ for printing as well. Please correct me if I'm
wrong.

Do you think it is feasible to implement GTK+ printing in Emacs? I
believe it will deliver great user experience improvement, for many
users.

Andrey