Re: How do you determine the running environment while in emacs?

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: How do you determine the running environment while in emacs?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 23:58:20 +0100

Mason Smith wrote:
I'd like to write some code for .emacs buffer that will only run if
I'm not in terminal window. How can I tell from inside emacs whether
or not I'm running in a terminal? I've looked around the emacs manual
but can't seem to find anything.

Mason

window-system is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is x

Documentation:
Name of window system that Emacs is displaying through.
The value is a symbol--for instance, `x' for X windows.
The value is nil if Emacs is using a text-only terminal.

-ap