Trouble fontifying /** ... */

From: Davin Pearson
Subject: Trouble fontifying /** ... */
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 18:00:57 +1300

I sent the following email to gnu.emacs.help but received no helpful
reply.

I have invented a new (free GPL) programming language called SJS,
short for Simplified Java Syntax which provides a stepping stone for
learning Java, which makes it easier to learn Java than by learning
Java from scratch.  While writing the major mode sjs-mode, I ran into
a problem highlighting /** ... */ in font-lock-doc-face.

Click below for my Elisp code:

http://h1.ripway.com/davin/sjs.el

To get the desired fontification online, I considered inheriting sjs-
mode from java-mode, but when you uncomment the line that says (java-
mode) it does fontify /** ... */ in font-lock-doc-face but it also
erroneously fontifies the "end" keyword in font-lock-type-face.  This
behaviour is erroneous and I don't want for this to happen.  I read
the documentation for font-lock-add-keywords but nothing I tried
eliminated the fontification of "end".

--
Sincerely and kindest regards, Davin.
Davin Pearson    http://www.davinpearson.com