Re: whitespace

From: Teemu Likonen
Subject: Re: whitespace
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 16:44:00 GMT

Tomer (2009-01-26 08:28 -0800) wrote:

> I followed your steps, but still to no avail.
> After I type "M-x whitespace-mode", I get the following error:
> load-with-code-conversion: Symbol's value as variable is void: <!
> DOCTYPE

Your whitespace.el contains some html code. That's where the "<!DOCTYPE"
came from. You need to download the lisp-only file, not the html page.
It's probably not your fault, at least I remember having similar
problems with Emacswiki a couple of times.

Anyway, load the whitespace.el from page

    http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/emacs/whitespace.el

and use the "Download" link with "Save Link As..." in your browser. That
should work.