Kill Customize Entries in .emacs

From: Les Harris
Subject: Kill Customize Entries in .emacs
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:47:17 -0800

I have not yet figured out the trigger but often emacs is writing
entries for custom-set-variables and custom-set-faces into my .emacs
file.

I prefer not to use the customization system in emacs and would like
these entries to never appear in my init file.

Is there anyway to stop emacs from trying to insert these things?

Thanks!
--
Do they only stand
By ignorance, is that their happy state,