Re: emacs 23.0.60

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs 23.0.60
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 10:41:27 +0100

Am 25.01.2009 um 23:16 schrieb ramestica:

I do not want to try the very head of cvs; after googling for a while
I decided that 23.0.60 should be good enough for me at this moment.

Head and 23.0.60 are synonymous. To download do approximately this (http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs/?group=emacs):

setenv CVS_RSH  ssh
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co <modulename>

The <modulename> is probably emacs. Cvs will produces a tree of files and directories named emacs. A 'cvs update' in this emacs directory will update, the same will be achieved by M-x cvs-up RET RET from inside GNU Emacs.

Read also the just downloaded INSTALL.CVS file.

--
Greetings

  Pete

There's no place like 127.0.0.1