Re: doc-view zoom level

From: David Engster
Subject: Re: doc-view zoom level
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:38:56 +0100

> Nurullah Akkaya <nurullah.akkaya@blooby.com> writes:
>> but i can not figure out how to zoom in on the document.
>
> Normally you just have to hit `+' to zoom in and `-' to zoom out.  This
> will modify the -r parameter (`doc-view-resolution') and reconvert the
> images.

I can confirm that zooming does not work on Mac OS X when configured
with the --with-ns switch (i.e. using the native Cocoa API). I have the
same Emacs checkout also compiled for X11 on Mac OS X, and with this one
everything works without problems.

>> i want to create the png's with bigger fonts. if it is possible. i
>> tried different -r options as stated in the documentation without any
>> luck.
>
> Hm, strange.  Could you please try the conversion in a shell?  I suspect
> that your GhostScript somehow ignores the -r option.

No, that doesn't seem to be it. With the Cocoa engine, the images do get
more sharper/blurrier depending on the resolution, but their *size*
doesn't change. I'll try to investigate this further.

-David