Re: copy-line

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: copy-line
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 16:40:32 +0100

+ Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com>:

> * Harald Hanche-Olsen [2009-02-01 11:13+0100] writes:
>
>> Spend a little time on learning to use keyboard macros instead. They can
>> save a lot of time if you find yourself doing the same thing over and
>> over again.
>
> Are you saving your macros to a file?  I never do that.

No. I create them when needed, then forget them.

> Simply because editing Lisp code is much easier for me than editing
> keyboard macros.

Sure. I don't bother with editing keyboard macros either. If I make a
mistake while recording one, I make it over again from scratch. And I am
not saying you shouldn't write elisp code, nor that I don't do it
myself. But in my experience, it is often a wasted effort when dealing
with relatively simple repetitive tasks. It all depends on how often the
task crops up, and how hard it is to get it right.

  -- Bertrand Russell