Re: GNUS Help

From: tyler
Subject: Re: GNUS Help
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 11:33:21 -0400

Martin Fischer <parozusa@web.de> writes:

> Chris Willard writes:
>
>> As I spend lots of time in emacs I would like to try using gnus for
>> email instead of mutt.
>>
>> Does anyone have, or know of, a tutorial to get me started? I have
>> looked at various web site but they don't really help.
>>

> since you "spend lots of time in emacs", have you already used the info
> system ?

I have done this, and since the OP was looking for a tutorial to get him
started, the most pertinent entry in the gnus manual is probably
appendix 10.3:

* On Writing Manuals::          Why this is not a beginner's guide.

The Gnus info manual is, by design, not a good introduction to Gnus.
There is a tutorial available at

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusTutorial

Cheers,

Tyler

--
The contents of this email have been carefully examined by skilled