Re: fill-paragraph: multi-level indentations / enumerations?

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: fill-paragraph: multi-level indentations / enumerations?
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 20:06:40 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 5, 7:02 pm, Markus Dehmann <markus.dehm...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > aquaemacs or carbon emacs? what version? I can't reproduce it.
>
> Emacs, 22.2.50.1, Carbon Version 1.6.0
>
> Well actually, it *almost* works on the Mac version: It works fine
> with stars, or with (1), (2), etc:
>
> (1) blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
>     blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
>     (2) foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
>         foo foo foo foo foo foo foo
>
> The indentation is correct here on my Mac. But my linux emacs does the
> stupid thing instead.
>
> With things like (1.1), which I used in my original post, my Mac Emacs
> version fails as well.

i cannot reproduce the behavior on the mac. I'm on
GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0) of
2008-04-05 on g5.tokyo.stp.isas.jaxa.jp

though, newsgroup reformat things so maybe we don't have the same
input...

> So, if I like the fill-paragraph behavior on my Mac Emacs better, can
> I just try to locate a fill-paragraph.el file and copy it over to my
> linux emacs? Or how should I proceed?

yes, that'll probably work, or copy the whole file fill-paragraph.el
is in. Be sure to byte-compile it or delete the .elc file.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/