Re: newbie - from UK

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: newbie - from UK
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 18:59:43 +0000

2009/2/9 Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>:
> Welcome to Emacs, James!
>
> By "the emacs.pdf" I assume you mean the GNU Emacs manual(?).

Drew

Thanks for the 'welcome'... yes the GNU Emacs manual... all 651 pages.
I'll probably print it out. I've installed the xemacs aswell... but
the colour scheme!

I'll see how i get on. I used to like Wordstar years ago but way out
of date. Had a look at Vim but find the commands rather lengthy to be
honest. I want to use emacs for email aswell but we'll have to see.
Thanks for the links - i had those noted i think.

james