Setting auto-indentation of braces

From: Juha Nieminen
Subject: Setting auto-indentation of braces
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 12:10:07 +0200

In the linux version of emacs, when I'm writing a C/C++/other {}-based language, when I write a { to start a new block, emacs automatically indents it.

In the macosx version this autoindentation is off, and I can't figure out where to turn it on. I'm so accustomed to it, that it's annoying that it doesn't work...

  Which magic .emacs line turns this feature on?