RE: Change Emacs window size

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Change Emacs window size
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 22:36:46 -0800

> From: Alexander Sent: Thursday, February 12, 2009 9:40 PM
> I would like to know, how to change emacs' frame (X11 window) size on
> the fly. Can anybody help me?

Yes. Here are two ways to resize frames incrementally:

* Commands `shrink-frame', `shrink-frame-horizontally', `enlarge-frame', and
`enlarge-frame-horizontally', in library frame-cmds.el. I bind these to `C-M-' +
arrow keys: `C-M-up', `C-M-left', `C-M-down', and `C-M-right', respectively. (I
bind the same keys, but without the `C-' prefix, to the frame movement commands
in the same library.)

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/frame-cmds.el

* Commands `doremi-frame-height' and `doremi-frame-width', in library
doremi-frm.el. After you invoke either of these, you can use the
up/down/left/right arrow keys, or the mouse wheel, to adjust the frame size.

Code: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/doremi-frm.el
Doc: http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DoReMi

For more info about this topic:
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/FrameSize