Re: Code Turns to Gibberish

From: grischka
Subject: Re: Code Turns to Gibberish
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 21:58:07 +0100

> Hi I've been using emacs for c++ and c. the problem I have is that
> sometimes my code will just turn into random characters. If I try to
> open the file in a text editor it just won't open but if I open it in
> emacs it displays a bunch of @'s and ^, says "init" a lot. before it
> would happen when I saved the program, closed it, and tried to reopen.
> This time it happened when I was in the middle of writing the
> code..any help?

I would suspect a bad computer, at least a bad RAM.
Try to change the computer or at least the RAM.

It could be that but then again such computer would (not necessarily but
very likely) show other severe symptoms, like random freezes or crashes.
If that is not the case then it's more likely emacs itself corrupting
it's own memory contents.

--- grischka