Re: automatic new-line after 80 columns

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: automatic new-line after 80 columns
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 16:21:10 -0600

Rodrigo Canellas wrote:
Hi,

I really can not find how to set 'emacs' to add a new-line when the line reaches the 80th column.
In 'ccmode', I set it fot the comments, but I would like to define for C++ code
as well.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot!

How does what you want differ from the behavior you see if you type this in a buffer:

C-u 80 C-x f C-u 1 M-x auto-fill-mode

??
I think this is a minor mode that works with most programming languages.

Ed