Re: using speck for spell checking

From: catalinaospinaj
Subject: Re: using speck for spell checking
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:10:57 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 16, 5:10 am, David <de...@arcor.de> wrote:
> catalinaospi...@gmail.com writes:
>
> >> Please be more specific. What kind of error does
>
> >> makeinfo speck.texi
>
> >> produce?
>
> >> -David
>
> > In my computer, this is the error that one finds:
>
> > /home/canti/docs/downloads/speck//speck.texi:642: Cross reference to
> > nonexistent Interface' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
> > /home/canti/docs/downloads/speck//speck.texi:158: Cross reference to
> > nonexistent Interface' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
> > /home/canti/docs/downloads/speck//speck.texi:130: Cross reference to
> > nonexistent Interface' (perhaps incorrect sectioning?).
> > makeinfo: Removing output file `/home/canti/docs/downloads/speck/
> > speck' due to errors; use --force to preserve.
>
> I cannot reproduce this:
>
>  --> wget --quiethttp://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/download/speck.texi.gz
>  --> gunzip speck.texi.gz
>  --> makeinfo speck.texi
>  --> makeinfo --version
> makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.11
> [...]
>
> You either have a corrupt texi file or some old makeinfo version.
>
> In any case, as your makeinfo output above says, you can use '--force'
> to preserve the info file even with the above errors; only some of the
> cross references will not work.
>
> -David

Yes.  Thank you.  It seems that the .texi file that I was using was
corrupt.  I tried it downloading it from the page you suggested and it
worked without any complaint.

However, I was wondering if you could answer me one more question.
How can I make the file created with the makeinfo integrate with all
of the info files that appear under my emacs.  When I type M-h i, all
the tree of info files appear, but I do not seem to find the speck
node (I'm sorry if it is a silly question but I had never before
compiled a texinfo file).

Santiago.