Re: Auto enable text-mode when editing email (from mutt)

From: tyler
Subject: Re: Auto enable text-mode when editing email (from mutt)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:14:08 -0400

TheLonelyStar <nabble2@lonely-star.org> writes:

> I use emacs to edit my emails (from mutt). It is started with this line:
> /usr/bin/emacs -nw -q
>
> Now, editing emails in text-mode instead of fundamental mode would be much
> cooler!
> How can I make emacs got to text-mode when invoked from mutt?

I haven't used mutt in a while, but I still have this in my .emacs:

(add-to-list 'auto-mode-alist '("/mutt" . mail-mode))

I believe that that will put all buffers visiting mutt files into
mail-mode automatically. You could switch that to text-mode, but you
might find that mail-mode covers what you want already.

Cheers,

Tyler

--
Friends don't let friends send Word documents

http://www.nothingisreal.com/dfki/no-word