Re: gdb gud won't show source code

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: gdb gud won't show source code
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 22:02:28 +1300

 > I've actually did compile with -g. The fact is, that it can't see it
 > anyway, unless I specify custom output with -o.
 > I am not sure whether it's supposed behaviour, cause in all tutorials
 > I've found there are examples with a.out.
 > Thanks anyway.

>From the command line, if you do (replace myprog with the name of your
program name):

$ gdb myprog
GNU gdb...

(gdb) list
(gdb) info source

what does Gdb print?

You should get `somthing like':

  Current source file is myprog.c
  Compilation directory is /home/nickrob
  Located in /home/nickrob/myprog.c
  Contains 267 lines.
  Source language is c.
  Compiled with DWARF 2 debugging format.
  Does not include preprocessor macro info.

if you compile with "gcc -g -o myprog myprog.c".