Re: emacs for email

From: James Freer
Subject: Re: emacs for email
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 20:01:29 +0000

Thank you for your help and comments. Just to recap i had wanted to
use a text editor to speed up answering emails and considered Mutt and
Emacs. I had used Thunderbird for sometime and liked the app. A text
email client seemed the answer but i wasn't that impressed by Mutt.

However, i'm not as knowledgeable as some and setting up Mutt was ok
but still involved quite a bit of work. I got it all working and did
appreciate your help. Emacs i struggled with!

Yesterday i came across a Thunderbird addon Muttador (still beta stage
- vi editor) and today came across a non-mozilla TB addon called
Exteditor...
http://globs.org/articles.php?lng=en&pg=2
some v.clever person has developed an external editor addon instead of
the TB editor. It allows emacs, vi, joe, gedit or whatever to compose
emails.

Should be of interest to anyone who wants to say goodbye to the mouse
while editing emails.

james