Re: switch buffer in one of splitted windows

From: Bernardo
Subject: Re: switch buffer in one of splitted windows
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 14:36:07 +1100

While working with two splited windows, I am trying to switch buffer in one
window by first switching cursor to that window, then listing existing
buffers by "C-x C-b" but always end up with listing the existing buffers in
the other window. If I switch to the other window to select one buffer, then
the buffer will be shown in that window instead of the one I want. How to do
it correctly? Thanks for your help!

does it help if you put
(add-to-list 'same-window-buffer-names "*Buffer List*") in your .emacs ?