Re: emacs for email

From: poppyer
Subject: Re: emacs for email
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 15:54:46 +0800

Byung-Hee HWANG <bh@izb.knu.ac.kr> writes:

: James Freer wrote:
:> I've been trying to set up emacs for reading mail. I'm a bit lost as
:> so far i haven't found whether to set up rc files like you do for mutt
:> [.procmailrc, .muttrc, mstmprc, .fetchmailrc] or what? Rmail or Gnus
:> is part of emacs i understood although one can replace with VM.
:>
:> Be grateful for advice or links as i think i've been looking in the
:> wrong places - online manual seems v.brief and the emacs.pdf is a bit
:> thin.
:> thanks
:>
:> james [uk]
:>
:>
:
: That's good with Gnus. But Gnus does not support input/output of UTF-8
: as like CJK (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) yet..;;
:
: byunghee

That is wrong information. GNUS perfectly support utf-8 and CJK.