Re: usability problem of emacs describe-mode

From: Xah Lee
Subject: Re: usability problem of emacs describe-mode
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:32:43 -0800 (PST)

Xah Lee wrote:
• Usability Problems Of Emacs's Mode Documentation
 http://xahlee.org/emacs/modernization_mode_doc.html

On Feb 24, 9:41 am, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:
> Did you look at Andreas' defun?

The issue is a criticism, not about how can i do this or that.

imagine Roger Ebert gives 2 thumbs down on a movie, and you say: “why
don't you watch other movies instead?”.

> There is a constant tension between an application's power and usability
> and the default behavior of Emacs seems to me to manage the
> combinatorial explosion of functionalities better than what you have
> proposed, with a few exceptions.

You have to give reasons Raven.

Let's focus on this issue, let's not generalized or philosophize.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/