Re: a look at the browser scene & emacs

From: Xiao-Yong Jin
Subject: Re: a look at the browser scene & emacs
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 18:14:34 -0500

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 06:13, Xiao-Yong Jin <xj2106@columbia.edu> wrote:
>> All sorts of shell modes in Emacs are slow compared to
>> urxvt.  And all web browsing modes are just lame.  I do
>
> Did you try cvs emacs-w3m?

Indeed, I did.  And I do use it some times.  It is also the
only thing that can save me in such situations when people
send me crazy formatted emails.  But I guess I don't have
to say too much about it.  Without better display/rendering
engine in Emacs, it can never be compared with any of the
modern web browsers, even can't catch up with links[1] in
graphic mode.

[1] http://links.twibright.com/

Alright, I don't want to start a flame war.  I'm just a
normal user who doesn't have time and energy to contribute
to the Emacs community.  All I can do is writing down a few
sentences and hoping some nice devs who have time and energy
might take a look at it and say, `Geez, it's a good idea and
I can do it.'

That said, Emacs is still my favourite.
--