Dired copying file / emacs blocking

From: mateusz.fiolka
Subject: Dired copying file / emacs blocking
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 08:20:43 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I'm starting to do all my file management tasks in Dired. However
yesterday I faced a problem I can't find solution for on the internet.
When I copy a large file (let's say a 700MB movie) Emacs totally
blocks. I understand it is a normal thing as it is only one process
and all operations are synchronous. Is there any way to do it as an
external operation? I think that something like copy queue would be
useful (like in total commander on windows). Are all Dired users just
waiting for their files to copy?

Thanks,
Mateusz F.