Re: emacs got stuck when it opens a file having one long line (~60K)

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: emacs got stuck when it opens a file having one long line (~60K)
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:03:59 +0900

Kiwon Um <um.kiwon@gmail.com> writes:
> I tried to open a smi file, movie subtitle file, encoded in cp949. Let
> me send the file to your email.
> My computer is fast one, Intel Core 2 Duo 6600 2.4GHz over 2G Memory.
> Please check the file. Thanks :)

Hmm, I tried your file, and had no obvious problem with it either...
Both display and cursor movement seemed accurate and fast.

When did it get "stuck"?  Could it display the file contents initially?
Could you move around the buffer at all (e.g., did it only stick once
you moved onto the long line)?

Thanks,

-Miles

--
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.  [George Carlin]