please help me with accents

From: gerencia
Subject: please help me with accents
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 02:09:46 -0600

hi list:

First of all excuse my english, (it's ugly).

I can't write accents in Emacs, i mean, characters like these: á é í ó ú.
when i try emacs tell me "<dead-acute> is undefined"
I already chance some settings related to the language environment and input method but it didn't work.

Some system aspects:

Emacs 22
Ubuntu intrepid
also y download emacs from ubuntu repositories, then I install auctex package.

I'll appreciate any help you can give to me.